It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Teams Allocations 2017/18 Season
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:26 pm 

To go from Step 7 to Step 6 is very unfair. They reprieve up here rather than promote.If say Redcar Athletic, Redcar Town, and say Birtley Town all finish in promotion eligible places do you Windy1970, believe they all will be promoted to the Northern League? They did not relegate 1 last season. Will the FA have to step in and relegate up to 3 this coming season? If a Teesside based club finish in the bottom 3 of the Northern League Division 2 will they be placed in the North Riding League rather than the Wearside League? Loads of questions but of course loads of possible answers. I know you believe how unfair the system is already with my connection to Redcar Athletic. If I was a fan of a struggling Northern League Division 2 side I be very concerned this season. In my opinion 2 will definitely be promoted to the Northern League Division 2 and 2 teams will be relegated. There you go I've provided an answer to my own question.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:25 am 

the little fella wrote:
To go from Step 7 to Step 6 is very unfair. They reprieve up here rather than promote.If say Redcar Athletic, Redcar Town, and say Birtley Town all finish in promotion eligible places do you Windy1970, believe they all will be promoted to the Northern League? They did not relegate 1 last season. Will the FA have to step in and relegate up to 3 this coming season? If a Teesside based club finish in the bottom 3 of the Northern League Division 2 will they be placed in the North Riding League rather than the Wearside League? Loads of questions but of course loads of possible answers. I know you believe how unfair the system is already with my connection to Redcar Athletic. If I was a fan of a struggling Northern League Division 2 side I be very concerned this season. In my opinion 2 will definitely be promoted to the Northern League Division 2 and 2 teams will be relegated. There you go I've provided an answer to my own question.

I don't believe any team will be denied promotion. I believe all 3 of those clubs would be promoted to the EBAC NL.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:34 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
the little fella wrote:

I don't believe any team will be denied promotion. I believe all 3 of those clubs would be promoted to the EBAC NL.

I understand that Boro Rangers are also gearing up to apply for promotion this season. I believe they need to install a stand and a secure walkway. But they already have floodlights and hard standing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:42 pm 

I must have missed the hard standing then???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:18 pm 

andy_pool wrote:

They've got hard standing besides the 4G pitch. They will need to put some down behind the goal where the stand is going to be placed. I'm glad that the Teesside league has got a couple of ambitions clubs. If you look a the York League in comparison. Then I doubt there's a single ground that's as good or team that's as ambitious.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:24 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
andy_pool wrote:

They've got hard standing besides the 4G pitch. They will need to put some down behind the goal where the stand is going to be placed. I'm glad that the Teesside league has got a couple of ambitions clubs. If you look a the York League in comparison. Then I doubt there's a single ground that's as good or team that's as ambitious.

Boro Rangers don't usually play on the 4g pitch, its a very very nice grass one with floodlights

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:46 am 

andy_pool wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
andy_pool wrote:

Boro Rangers don't usually play on the 4g pitch, its a very very nice grass one with floodlights

They are intending to put the temporary stand next to the 4G pitch. So I guess that's where they'll play if they are promoted to the EBAC NL.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:24 am 

The FA held a leagues meeting at St George's a couple of weeks ago. The FA have agreed that certain areas of the country will struggle to laterally transfer teams & allow those leagues to reduce to a maximum of 16 clubs(the Southwest Peninsula League that covers Devon & Cornwall for instance). They said that they will sort out geographic anomalies & league size imbalances. I'm sure the North Riding League may benefit from this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:36 am 

I've been there once before back in 2012, for Teesside League rep team v Stockton West End. I can't honestly remember if it was grass or 3G. it was the pitch next to the changing rooms block, had a football foundation sign on it & floodlights were on. Has the place changed since then?

last new ground - #452
07/10/17
Laurence Jackson School 3G
Guisborough United 2 v Thornaby Dubliners 1

http://menotskinny.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=8dacff7523976766