It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Teams Allocations 2017/18 Season
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:04 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Paul Campbell from the North Riding County FA has informed me that the North Riding League has indeed kept its step 7 status.

We all got told at last weeks AGM. As we had been told all along by North Riding to be fair

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:50 pm 

andy_pool wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Paul Campbell from the North Riding County FA has informed me that the North Riding League has indeed kept its step 7 status.

We all got told at last weeks AGM. As we had been told all along by North Riding to be fair

I know people from Redcar Athletic read this thread. I've made this point before & I'll say it again. Why haven't they joined that league to increase there chances of promotion? I think they've been poorly advised. Because the Wearside league is a much harder league to get promoted out of for several reasons & if promotion is there number one objective. Then making it as easy as possible should be there number one priority. The North Riding League will be a one horse race for promotion(if Redcar Town do apply)this coming season.

Last edited by Windy1970 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:10 pm 

andy_pool wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Not quite true Andy. The North Riding League has not actually KEPT Step 7 Status. It's a NEW league remember, so until it was verified they did have the requisite number of teams for Step 7 Status, then that could not be confirmed by the FA. Hence my let's not jump the gun comment.Step 7 has obviously been ratified just today by the look of things.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am 

Oh I do apologize. The league was always going to have the required number of teams. So we knew it would happen, it may not fit in with your agenda Little Fella but its happening. Wouldn't you have wanted Redcar Athletic to apply?

As Windy says, it would have been between yourselves and Redcar Town. I hope you throw some money at the Wearside team this year again. I agree with Windy, Redcar Town will finish in a promotion place this year so you may start falling behind them if you don't get yourself up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:32 am 

andy_pool wrote:
Oh I do apologize. The league was always going to have the required number of teams. So we knew it would happen, it may not fit in with your agenda Little Fella but its happening. Wouldn't you have wanted Redcar Athletic to apply?

As Windy says, it would have been between yourselves anwn. I hope you throw some money at the Wearside team this year again. I agree with Windy, Redcar Town will finish in a promotion place this year so you may start falling behind them if you don't get yourself up.

I didn't have an Agenda as such and would refer to my post on page 3 of the League Restructures thread on the Northern League forum. County FA may have indeed told you all along about the North Riding League being Step 7 but it is not them who actually make that decision. From the info we were receiving from the FA themselves we, Redcar Athletic, could not take a gamble on our future based on a decision that didn't appear to be as straight forward as everybody believed it to be in that the North Riding League would be granted Step 7 Status. We erred on the side of caution in case the FA, who do make some odd decisions, decided not to bestow Step 7 on the North Riding League. Note how Stokesley and Richmond Town have not taken advantage and applied to join either. We know we have to win the Wearside League to ensure promotion and of course we will target that. To me it will be as tough as last season but hopefully we have learnt from some of our own self inflicted mistakes which cost us dear. As for Redcar Town, unless Boro Rangers get something sorted, it will be a free go at promotion for them this coming season. Although they will need to strengthen their squad as they lost a lot of quality from it over the course of last season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:16 pm 

the little fella wrote:
andy_pool wrote:

As Windy says, it would have been between yourselves anwn. I hope you throw some money at the Wearside team this year again. I agree with Windy, Redcar Town will finish in a promotion place this year so you may start falling behind them if you don't get yourself up.

I didn't have an Agenda as such and would refer to my post on page 3 of the League Restructures thread on the Northern League forum. County FA may have indeed told you all along about the North Riding League being Step 7 but it is not them who actually make that decision. From the info we were receiving from the FA themselves we, Redcar Athletic, could not take a gamble on our future based on a decision that didn't appear to be as straight forward as everybody believed it to be in that the North Riding League would be granted Step 7 Status. We erred on the side of caution in case the FA, who do make some odd decisions, decided not to bestow Step 7 on the North Riding League. Note how Stokesley and Richmond Town have not taken advantage and applied to join either. We know we have to win the Wearside League to ensure promotion and of course we will target that. To me it will be as tough as last season but hopefully we have learnt from some of our own self inflicted mistakes which cost us dear. As for Redcar Town, unless Boro Rangers get something sorted, it will be a free go at promotion for them this coming season. Although they will need to strengthen their squad as they lost a lot of quality from it over the course of last season.

If you miss out on promotion again, would you consider a lateral transfer to the North Riding League?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:42 pm 

"Always with those negative waves Moriarty. Woof! Woof!".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:45 pm 

the little fella wrote:
"Always with those negative waves Moriarty. Woof! Woof!".

I really hope that you're promoted this season. You know how hard it is to win the Wearside League & that's what's required if any team wants to be promoted. That isn't the case in the Norrhern Alliance or the North Riding League. I just hope you aren't disappointed at the end of the season. It must be hard work trying to keep the squad together.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 pm 

I hope you recognised the quote. We have to stay positive throughout and the vibes around the club are exactly what I want to hear. It's not up to me to make decisions such as has been suggested but if it came to that and I had to do so then it would be the Wearside League. I feel there needs to be stability in the North Riding League as the number of teams that the Teesside League haemorrhaged in the past few seasons has been mind blowing. Note one the of the teams that has joined the North Riding League is Grangetown Boys Club, who withdrew from the Teesside League last season before a ball was kicked. As I'm originally from Grangetown and went to the Farm School just down the road from the Boys Club I'm hoping they have things sorted this season. But if the same problems were to reoccur then that drops the League to 13 clubs. Likewise it's the same if any team other than Grangetown Boys Club were to do so. Then the question would be are you willing to leave a competitive and stable League to join one which appears to be neither?
The quote by the way was a line from Kelly's Heroes made by Oddball, played by Donald Sutherland. I might have left 1 woof out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am 

little fella - I have to say I was a little surprised that yourselves, Richmond and Stokesley didn't jump at the chance of joining an "easier" league than the Wearside to gain promotion. However I understand your concerns as the better the devil you know scenario. I am surprised Stokesley weren't nudged in that direction as they play at the North Riding FA centre.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
little fella - I have to say I was a little surprised that yourselves, Richmond and Stokesley didn't jump at the chance of joining an "easier" league than the Wearside to gain promotion. However I understand your concerns as the better the devil you know scenario. I am surprised Stokesley weren't nudged in that direction as they play at the North Riding FA centre.

Am I correct in saying that relegated clubs from step 6 have to put a preference to which step 7 league they are placed. My issue with them being placed in the Wearside league & not the Teesside League. Was that the FALC seem to make varying decisions on placement up & down the country. The West Riding County Amateur league has been constantly losing teams to the West Yorkshire league. Surely keeping each step 7 league competitive & healthy the FALC should place clubs in there local leagues & not the perceived superior leagues which appear to be empire building.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
little fella - I have to say I was a little surprised that yourselves, Richmond and Stokesley didn't jump at the chance ofng an "easier" league than the Wearside to gain promotion. However I understand your concerns as the better the devil you know scenario. I am surprised Stokesley weren't nudged in that direction as they play at the North Riding FA centre.

Am I correct in saying that relegated clubs from step 6 have to put a preference to which step 7 league they are placed. My issue with them being placed in the Wearside league & not the Teesside League. Was that the FALC seem to make varying decisions on placement up & down the country. The West Riding County Amateur league has been constantly losing teams to the West Yorkshire league. Surely keeping each step 7 league competitive & healthy the FALC should place clubs in there local leagues & not the perceived superior leagues which appear to be empire building.

Up until last season the Wearside League was a higher level League than the Teesside League. When you see the difference of quality of grounds between the 2 Leagues you would understand a bit better on why it's perceived that way. Not all grounds in the North Riding League are of the standard of Redcar Town's ground. For that matter some in the Wearside League don't match it either, it's that good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm 

Up until last season the Wearside League was a higher level League than the Teesside League. When you see the difference of quality of grounds between the 2 Leagues you would understand a bit better on why it's perceived that way. Not all grounds in the North Riding League are of the standard of Redcar Town's ground. For that matter some in the Wearside League don't match it either, it's that good.[/quote]

Below is a FA missive from 2012 & states when leagues gained step 7, 7a, 7b & 7c status(season 2012-13). The FA scrapped step 7a, 7b & 7c a couple of years ago & all leagues were either made step 7 or some lost that status. Any club could've applied for promotion up to step 6 from any of these leagues after they gained the various step 7 statuses & the FA would've treated them exactly the same. So the Teesside league has been on a par with the Wearside league for a couple of years.

THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

STEP 7 REVIEW – FINAL REPORT, JUNE 2012

The Football Association has now completed its review of the Step 7 structure of the National League System and at a meeting of the Leagues Committee held on 12 June 2012 the Report submitted by the Step 7 Review Group was considered and the recommendations contained therein fully endorsed.

Set out below are the recommendations:

League Structure

That, as from the commencement of Season 2012/2013 Step 7 of the National League System is structured as follows:

Step 7 – to be awarded to leagues where 100% of their clubs meet the Step 7 minimum ground grading requirements as at 31 March and the league complies with all other requirements for Step 7 status.

Step 7A – to be awarded to leagues where 75% or more of their clubs meet the Step 7 minimum ground grading requirements as at 31 March and the league complies with all other requirements for Step 7 status. (It was noted that in Season 2011/12 these leagues had been referred to as provisional)

Step 7B – to be awarded to leagues where 60% or more of their clubs meet the ground grading requirements as at 31 March and the league complies with all other requirements for Step 7 status.

In all cases, there must be a minimum of 14 clubs in membership of a Step 7. Step 7A or Step 7B division with no more than 25% of Membership comprising of reserve teams of clubs competing at a higher level in the National League System.

In future clubs joining a Step 7, Step 7A or Step 7B divisions will be allowed until 31 March in the year following promotion to meet the Step 7 Minimum Grading Requirements or they will be relegated.

The classification awarded to leagues would apply for three years however, it would still be possible for a league to apply annually (by 31 December) for a higher classification if they were of the opinion that they could meet the relevant criteria. It would also still be possible for leagues outside the System to apply on an annual basis (by 31 December) if they were able to meet these requirements.

As from the commencement of season 2012/2013 the following leagues will be granted Step 7 status:

· Anglian Combination
· Central Midlands League
· Cheshire League
· Dorset Premier League
· Essex Olympian League
· Herts Senior County League
· Humber Premier League
· Leicestershire Senior League
· Midland Combination
· Northern Football Alliance
· Peterborough & District League
· Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League
· Somerset County League
· Staffordshire County Senior League
· Suffolk & Ipswich League
· Wearside League
· West Cheshire League
· West Midlands (Regional) League
· West Yorkshire League

As from the commencement of season 2012/2013 the following leagues will be granted Step 7A status:
· Bedfordshire County League
· Cambridgeshire County League
· Essex & Suffolk Border League
· Gloucestershire County League
· Hampshire Premier League
· Liverpool County Premier League
· Manchester Football League
· Middlesex County League
· Northants Combination
· Nottinghamshire Senior League
· Oxfordshire Senior League
· Reading Football League
· South West Peninsula League
· Sussex County League Division 3
· West Lancashire League

As from the commencement of season 2012/2013 the following leagues will be granted Step 7B status:

· Kent County League
· Spartan South Midlands League
· Surrey Elite Intermediate League
· Teesside League

The Kent County League are being treated as a special case due to rebuilding their numbers following the creation of the Kent Invicta League at Step 6 of the National League System.

The following leagues were not granted Step 7 status as they did not currently meet the required criteria however, they would be eligible to apply for Step 7 status in the future if the required number of clubs meet the criteria by 31 March in any year:

· Brighton, Hove & Albion League
· Devon & Exeter League
· East Berkshire League
· East Sussex League
· Lincolnshire League
· Mid Sussex League
· North Berkshire League
· Northampton Town League
· West Riding County Amateur League
· West Sussex League
· Worthing & District League
· York & District League

The following league’s status is pending awaiting receipt of additional information:

· Mercian Regional Football League
· Wiltshire League.
Funding Issues

With regard to future funding opportunities, especially with regard to Administration Grants, the League Finance Sub Committee would be reviewing this new Step 7 structure at their next meeting and further information would be provided in due course.

Ground Grading

For information purposes a copy of the Step 7 minimum grading requirements is shown in the attached Appendix.

There has been much confusion regarding the provision of toilet facilities for players and match officials across the board at Step 7 and after much discussion it has been agreed that match officials must have exclusive use of a separate toilets and that they cannot be shared with players. It was also agreed that each team have separate toilet facilities, however it was accepted that this may not always be possible and was the ideal situation rather than a requirement. The new wording is shown in the attached Appendix and it was agreed that leagues advise their member clubs who currently do not comply, as they have shared toilets facilities, that they would have a further 12 months, until 31 March 2013, to comply fully with the requirements.

No further extension beyond this date would be provided.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:08 am 

Thanks for putting me right there Windy1970. I now understand that having Step 7a and 7b was an unfair system. Unfair to those that were in Step 7 that is! Step 7 seems to be a level playing field whereas 7a and 7b did not seem to be so. However I believe the Northern League saw that as the same and seemed to be disinterested in taking any team who would have applied from the Teesside League. All fair to me now but I'd still prefer to be in the Wearside League.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:20 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Thanks for putting me right there Windy1970. I now understand that having Step 7a and 7b was an unfair system. Unfair to those that were in Step 7 that is! Step 7 seems to be a level playing field whereas 7a and 7b did not seem to be so. However I believe the Northern League saw that as the same and seemed to be disinterested in taking any team who would have applied from the Teesside League. All fair to me now but I'd still prefer to be in the Wearside League.

I don't think a single club has ever applied from the Teesside League, so if Redcar Town apply next season then they'll be the first. I know how hard it is for some leagues to sustain or gain step 7 status & people put a lot of hard work in the background. So I think the FALC should be a little fairer sometimes with there club distributions(relegated clubs from step 6 & clubs wanting to laterally transfer to the perceived better leagues).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next