It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2017/18 season
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:38 pm 

I understand that bishop Auckland reserves have effectively folded and will play as Coundon and Leeholme from leeholme rec. And that they plus another side have or have applied to join Northern Alliance League.
If this is correct then surely will sound the death knell of the DACL.,a sad indictment of grassroots football in Co.Durham.

Post subject: Re: 2017/18 season
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 pm 

That is correct about Bishop res but the league will be here next season stronger than last season Norman i will keep everyone informed when everything is sorted

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:13 pm 

Pleased that you are confident for the future Steve ,we will wait and see how the number of clubs unfold.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 pm 

I suspect Blackhill & Ebchester may be on their way elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:02 pm 

I have been told that Coundon are to be recommended to be accepted into the Northern Alliance . AGM tonight so will find out for sure then. No Idea about Ebchester .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:39 pm 

They have joined the Corinthians League Colin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:15 pm 

From what I am aware only 6 teams confirmed for the Durham Alliance next season. Not a clue what can be done but surely 6 teams no matter how many cups is not enough. Hopefully the league have something up their sleeves for next season but time isn't on their side.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:25 pm 

I would suggest the remaining 6 teams look at their alternatives and quickly!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:52 pm 

There is more teams to join from what I've been told and will definitley be more than the 6 mentioned on here and the work with dcfa for future development sounds very promising so no need to go anywhere imo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:33 pm 

Gents

Just to clear a number of points up, 3 teams tendered their resignation which Bishop Auckland Res, Blackhill & Ebchester and Billingham and and two of them clubs have applied to join different leagues with the other one folding.

There has been 2 clubs accepted leaving league with 6 teams at the minute, however there is a lot of movement behind the scenes which would be unfair to elaborate on until details have been confirmed.

The League AGM is on 20th June where we will all be clearer but as always clubs are welcome to apply and will be considered. Grassroots football is slowly dying but the league management committee with the assistance of DFA are fighting to save grassroots football and develop into a stronger league for the future.

I am happy to answer any questions however will not be identifying any potential clubs possibly joining the league out of respect to them clubs and the league

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:38 pm 

dmk21 wrote:
There is more teams to join from what I've been told and will definitley be more than the 6 mentioned on here and the work with dcfa for future development sounds very promising so no need to go anywhere imo

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and indeed your opinion could well be absolutely accurate. In fact I hope the above is just the start of a bright new future for the league.

However, my opinion is that the league is being too coy. The assurances from the league look baseless until it is made clear how many clubs will feature and which clubs will feature. I appreciate the league want to stand on ceremony so as to not expose clubs, but the simple fact of the matter is that those clubs will either be new, or will have already tendered their resignations to their existing leagues. If someone was shouting plans with named teams from the rooftops, I think the league would attract more clubs.

Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:52 pm 

johnna wrote:
dmk21 wrote:

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and indeed your opinion could well be absolutely accurate. In fact I hope the above is just the start of a bright new future for the league.

However, my opinion is that the league is being too coy. The assurances from the league look baseless until it is made clear how many clubs will feature and which clubs will feature. I appreciate the league want to stand on ceremony so as to not expose clubs, but the simple fact of the matter is that those clubs will either be new, or will have already tendered their resignations to their existing leagues. If someone was shouting plans with named teams from the rooftops, I think the league would attract more clubs.

Fingers crossed.

Johnna
Thanks for the comment, the clubs names i will not mention as they are not set in stone and would be unfair to them to name them and they dont materialise and then we as a league would be open to critisism from people on forums like NLZ who would like to see league fail(you obviously not included in that) but all will be revealed in the near future

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:43 pm 

Any news from last nights AGM ??

Nothing on any of the leagues social media sites, was hoping to see league set up for next season

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:03 pm 

wayne norris wrote:

Nothing on any of the leagues social media sites, was hoping to see league set up for next season

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

I was contemplating attending the AGM as an observer, but I had to go to Durham Uni with my son who had won an award. Hope the news is good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:16 am 

wayne norris wrote:

The silence is deafening!