It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 2017/18 season
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:52 pm 

just seen the first batch of fixtures, no Lumley FC but there is a Seaton United FC, who are down to play at the sports dome. Will the league games actually be played inside that big white dome? :D

http://ultrabasesystems.com/installs/in ... s-dome-uk/

last new ground - #450
17/09/17
MacMillan Academy
Coulby Newham U19s 0 v Guisborough Town U19s 5

http://menotskinny.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=8dacff7523976766

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:40 pm 

Just a bit lost with all this which teams are in and out. Just how many teams will there be in the DACL 2017/18 season and who are they

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:24 pm 

For the 2017/18 Season -

1 Durham City Reserves
2 Farringdon Detached (New)
3 Hall Farm Glasshus
4 Horden Community Welfare (New)
5 Hylton Sports Club (New)
6 Jarrow FC Reserves (New)
7 Seaton United (New)
8 West Auckland Tunns
9 Wheatley Hill WMC

From the 2016/17 Season -

Billingham FC - Folded
Bishop Auckland Reserves - Moved and Renamed Coundon & Leeholme and put into the Northern Alliance League
Blackhill & Ebchester - Moved to Newcastle Corinthians League
Coundon & Leelholme - Folded
Durham City Reserves
Sherburn Village WMC - Folded
Seaham Westlea - Folded
Sunderland Farrington Detached - Folded (But Farringdon Detached are a new club as far as i'm aware)
Sunderland Hall Farm - Name Change to Hall Farm Glasshus
Sunderland Oddies - Folded
West Auckland WMC - Name Change To West Auckland Tunns
Wheatley Hill WMC

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:19 am 

Thanks Chris much appreciated. Shame they couldn't get another team to make the numbers even

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 pm 

The first round of results are a bit worrying;

Durham City Reserves 2 Seaton United 2
Jarrow FC Reserves 0 West Auckland Tunns 8
Sunderland Hall Farm Glasshaus 9 Farringdon Detached 0
Hylton Sports Club 1 Horden Community Welfare 18

I attended the Jarrow Reserves match and it was a complete miss match played on a badly cut pitch with poor pitch markings that the officials struggled with and only really marked with 4 corner posts with no flags. Not a great advert for a pyramid league to be honest. An 8-0 thrashing that turns out to be the second closest match of the 4 played on the day!!

We all want to see the league survive but just accepting any team to keep the numbers up will inevitably lead to results like today. How long before the players at the three well beaten clubs lose heart and stop turning up?

I honestly do not know what the answer is, but I suspect sadly, that the league will finish the season with less teams than it started with.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:02 pm 

Jarrow Reserves away to Horden next Saturday. Take your calculator.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:58 am 

Wasn't there a jarrow team not so long ago who entered the league, got humped in a few games then wrapped in. Sad to see this league in such a way but hats off to fellas who are managing to keep it running year after year. When you look at local leagues that are going down the pan. This one defies the odds.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:22 am 

The weekend results were slightly embarrassing to say the least. 18-1, 9-0, 8-0. I suppose there are higher leagues that have had 8-0 and 9-0 very occasionally but 18-1 is a bit stupid. The league has scrambled around for teams and it looks like at least three of the sides are nowhere near the standard needed. If Jarrow Res and Hylton see out the league until xmas I will be surprised. Time for the Wearside to create a division 2 (as was nearly the case a couple of years ago) and re-structure taking a few of the more southerly teams that play in the alliance like coundon, Whitburn maybe some of the Gateshead sides and the likes of Felling and Hebburn Reyrolles. Maybe time for the Durham and Northumberland FA to get together and have a major re-structure of Saturday afternoon football below the Wearside and alliance top divisions.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:04 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
The weekend results were slightly embarrassing to say the least. 18-1, 9-0, 8-0. I suppose there are higher leagues that have had 8-0 and 9-0 very occasionally but 18-1 is a bit stupid. The league has scrambled around for teams and it looks like at least three of the sides are nowhere near the standard needed. If Jarrow Res and Hylton see out the league until xmas I will be surprised. Time for the Wearside to create a division 2 (as was nearly the case a couple of years ago) and re-structure taking a few of the more southerly teams that play in the alliance like coundon, Whitburn maybe some of the Gateshead sides and the likes of Felling and Hebburn Reyrolles. Maybe time for the Durham and Northumberland FA to get together and have a major re-structure of Saturday afternoon football below the Wearside and alliance top divisions.

Somethings Defo wrong somewhere. There's some decent Saturday afternoon leagues bit the dust recently. This one is hanging by a thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:29 am 

I've entered a team in the newly created North Riding League this season. Other than entering a Sunday morning league it was the only option.

No Saturday District football leagues exist in the Teesside area. It's a reall worry but there just aren't that many teams about now. That creates these mismatches.

The FA are massively concerned about the lack of adults playing football and have been very supportive with me via grants and advice.

The only hurdle I've found has been getting committed players,but touch wood, we seem to be getting there.

I love being involved with a football team and have no regrets about this new venture. Though it seems, thesee days i'm in a minority.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:22 pm 

Kosh wrote:
I've entered a team in the newly created North Riding League this season. Other than entering a Sunday morning league it was the only option.

No Saturday District football leagues exist in the Teesside area. It's a reall worry but there just aren't that many teams about now. That creates these mismatches.

The FA are massively concerned about the lack of adults playing football and have been very supportive with me via grants and advice.

The only hurdle I've found has been getting committed players,but touch wood, we seem to be getting there.

I love being involved with a football team and have no regrets about this new venture. Though it seems, thesee days i'm in a minority.

Kosh which team are you involved with and why do you feel that you are in a minority regarding the North Riding Football League

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:07 am 

Hi Chevron

Yarm & Eaglescliffe FC.

Don't feel a minority within the North Riding in anyway. Find all concerned very helpful and supportive.

I was referring to not many people seem to be prepared to commit themselves to clubs these days. Either as a player or helper. Maybe minority was the wrong word but when comparing the amount of teams about now to 20 years ago it's a worry.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:51 am 

Good luck to the durham alliance, they are keeping football alive and deserve massive credit. Regardless of the scores I can see this league going from strength to strength in the next couple of years, we'll done kieron and steve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:38 pm 

razzler wrote:
Good luck to the durham alliance, they are keeping football alive and deserve massive credit. Regardless of the scores I can see this league going from strength to strength in the next couple of years, we'll done kieron and steve

Well said Sir. We all just want to see the game survive at a local level on a Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm 

Gents

Thank you for the comments, yes there has been some indifferent results but i am very confident all teams will get stronger as the season goes on. Myself, Kieran and the rest of the managemnt commitee are working hard to make this league stronger and what i can tell you exciting times are in the pipeline. I will be announcing when we have things sorted, all clubs are aware of what is going on and they will be told before i mention anything on social media this is for fairness to the members of the league. To start this season the league fees have been cut and various insurances have been paid by the league to give the clubs help, but this is just the start.