It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 5/9/12 SCORES
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:23 am 

I sometimes wonder if referees work on commission. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:42 am 

And two of the reds were in the 85th minute and it wasn't even handbags it was more a case of powdering each others noses. Its very frustrating when a refs being assessed and basically using our league to get promoted and then leaving our league, and us with loads of fines. I wouldn't mind so much if they were trying to improve to stay with us.Maybe a way forward is to rescind any cards if a ref is being assessed...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 am 

Ive always said it's a farce, refferee's being made aware that they are being assesed anyway, because in the main most of them change the way they work to try and impress the asseser, so how is that a true reflection....
It should be based to a similar system the northern league have incorparated with the "secret shopper" I.E an assesser should just pop in un-announced, to review a ref's performance..

LIONS ARE NOT DETERRED BY THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm 

A friendly referee (yes there are some :wink: ) told me that the pressure of being assessed is unreal but no matter how you officiated the game you can NEVER please the assessor! :twisted:

I'd like to see Managers & coaches involved in the assessment process. Perhaps a questionnaire given to coaching staff by the assessor to get a more rounded view of the referees performance?

But that would mean a democratic opinion....not a FA strong point! :roll:

Wingate FC - A different approach to developing football and footballers in East Durham

P16 W7 D2 L7
34 Local players played
20 for the first time on a Saturday
13 U21s

http://www.project-wingate-fc.webs.com

@Wingate_FC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 pm 

I agree, a referee shouldn't be told he's bring assessed. Nor should the clubs. It should be secretive, as as been said - of a referee knows he's being assessed he will chance the way he usually officiates.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 pm 

Back onto the subject of accessor's I said in an earlier post that ref's shouldnt know when they are being assesed.....
Yesterday Murton v Brandon res. I saw something that makes me even more convinced of this...

A ref whom I have seen officiate many time's and have always been impressed with, whilst being assessed looking nervy, and unsure of himself (something Iv'e never seen from him all the times I've watched him)

Again because of knowing an assessor is in attendance, an untrue reflection of his performance's
:roll:

LIONS ARE NOT DETERRED BY THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP