It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Monday games
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 pm 

Is there any need with the size of the league after 2teams have dropped out???

Post subject: Re: Monday games
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:30 pm 

Totally spot on as the way things are going lge could be done by feb for some teams.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 pm 

Midweek games generally are a farce. I don't think any team really enjoys them. Worse at the end of the season too. I understand that the league have to put them in, especially to cope with the bad weather, which always wipes a load of fixtures out over the winter months. It's also necessary I guess seeing how last season had to be extended due to a couple of midweek no-shows by certain teams - perhaps though, that highlights the need to get rid/lessen midweekers?!!

I'm glad you posted this topic. Funnily enough I was thinking of posting it myself! Perhaps the logical answer would perhaps be to localise midweekers?? We could have played Brandon Reserves, Garden House and Sherburn as midweek games, cutting down travel and disruption for lads who work and struggle to get to games on a week night. We had Leam Rangers last week and I remember Hartlepool last season having to travel to our place (Brandon), which is just a couple of examples - both having a nightmare journey through rush-hour traffic to get there on time. Add to that the work schedules of players. Any kind of preparation in terms of food goes out the window too if you work full time, as most lads do. We've got trips to Sunderland and Consett in the next fortnight too.

From a personal point of view - and others will I'm sure share my view, it's not so much of an enjoyment going straight to a game from work, no time for tea and eventually getting home about 9, when it's too late for any tea and basically jumping in the shower and going straight to kip ready for the next days shift.

Might sound a miserable sod but that's my own opinion like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:30 pm 

Totally agree with the comments, football is supposed to be fun!!. Not much fun at the minute trying to find players who can get off work on time and are ready to play 5 games in 7 days if they have a sunday team.. Our lads are totally committed to the club but I do feel a bit guilty asking for more and more off them. Roll on the dark niights!!!!. Time to consider losing a cup competition maybe???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm 

whitehill beaten 5-2 at wheatley hill :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 pm 

Ebchester Consett Reserves 0 Murton 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:39 pm 

Shy Tall Knight wrote:

A good win for us tonight with a scratch side out even had to play myself.

We will take the 3 points after sats poor display we move on to weds were hopefully we have a few back.

I thought the ref tonight was first class. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm 

marron04 wrote:
whitehill beaten 5-2 at wheatley hill :oops:

Last I heard they were 2 - 1 up with fifteen to go :shock:

LIONS ARE NOT DETERRED BY THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 pm 

Leam rangers 1 garden house 3. Good game from 2 much improved teams. We made use of our height with 3 great headers... There's me moaning about not scoring from free kicks and 3 come along in one game...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 am 

To Be Fair wrote:
Shy Tall Knight wrote:

A good win for us tonight with a scratch side out even had to play myself.We will take the 3 points after sats poor display we move on to weds were hopefully we have a few back.

:shock: upfront or at the back like andy??? you will be a bit stiff this morning then mate???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:13 am 

Centre half mate and its just took me 10 mins to unfold out of bed this morning. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am 

Worst whitehill performance in 7 years with the club!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:25 pm 

To Be Fair wrote:
Shy Tall Knight wrote:

We will take the 3 points after sats poor display we move on to weds were hopefully we have a few back.

He was poor but he had no linesman and had to contend with a lot of hassle from the players from very early in the game. He got criticised for missing the Ebchester lad having a go at your keeper, and to be fair he had turned his back on play when the ball went dead, but again this is normally where the linesmen come in. He missed another incident in the second half but that's not surprising as he had half your team hassling him at the time. He only has one set of eyes and he was getting stick from left right and centre. He also got stick for awarding a corner when the decision was marginal and he was 30 yards away and looking directly into the setting sun. Refs don't make mistakes deliberately and without him there would have been no game and regardless of his performance he deserved a lot more respect than he got. I felt sorry for the poor bloke as nobody should have to put up with that and whatever he got paid was nowhere near enough.

I assume you were the coach who played centre back? I would respectfully suggest that you are old enough to know better and perhaps should be leading by example with some of your younger lads? Just a thought for future games :wink: .

On the plus side, I thought your lot looked a good side and I know it was a scratch team, but the scoreline seriously flattered Ebchester and their keeper kept the score down with some very good saves. You should do very well in the Alliance and best of luck for the season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:33 pm 

Shy Tall Knight wrote:
To Be Fair wrote:
Shy Tall Knight wrote:

He was poor but he had no linesman and had to contend with a lot of hassle from the players from very early in the game. He got criticised for missing the Ebchester lad having a go at your keeper, and to be fair he had turned his back on play when the ball went dead, but again this is normally where the linesmen come in. He missed another incident in the second half but that's not surprising as he had half your team hassling him at the time. He only has one set of eyes and he was getting stick from left right and centre. He also got stick for awarding a corner when the decision was marginal and he was 30 yards away and looking directly into the setting sun. Refs don't make mistakes deliberately and without him there would have been no game and regardless of his performance he deserved a lot more respect than he got. I felt sorry for the poor bloke as nobody should have to put up with that and whatever he got paid was nowhere near enough.

I assume you were the coach who played centre back? I would respectfully suggest that you are old enough to know better and perhaps should be leading by example with some of your younger lads? Just a thought for future games :wink: .

On the plus side, I thought your lot looked a good side and I know it was a scratch team, but the scoreline seriously flattered Ebchester and their keeper kept the score down with some very good saves. You should do very well in the Alliance and best of luck for the season.

I take your points on board but some of his decisions were very poor when he was stood yards away as for his decisions for corners and goal kicks he was making them form the centre circle.
I do agree we can't play without them and I SHOULD no better mate.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 pm 

Shy Tall Knight wrote:
To Be Fair wrote:
Shy Tall Knight wrote:

To be honest he was far to old to be at that level, made lots of wrong decisions and couldnt keep up with the pace of the game....... But mind you the ref wasnt much better :D

LIONS ARE NOT DETERRED BY THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP