It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Darlo need 25K in 3 weeks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:22 am 

For the second phase of the planned build for their ground to be up for promotion...yet they have raised over 40K for a boost the playing budget to try and get promoted..you couldnt make it up

https://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 709abb2b93

Post subject: Re: Darlo need 25K in 3 weeks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 pm 

Surprise, surprise, a Darlo related post from the Tugga. For a Spennymoor fan, you very rarely, if ever, comment on them, or how they are doing. Do you ever attend a game? Did a Darlo fan get off with your wife (unlikely that you have one, I know), or run over your dog? You can get counselling for obsessions nowadays.

As to the seating, I'd wait until the pitch is closed before gloating. And preaching about player budgets when you spent a small fortune winning the Northern League every year, whilst turning down promotion, is a bit rich. You could have been here years ago if you'd cut back on the playing side a bit early doors and concentrated on infrastructure. But, as your chairman knows, a winning team gets the interest and crowds in, those that you need to survive and progress. He needed to grow the crowds to a half decent level, so knocking over the NL every year made sense. For us, we had a fan base who wouldn't settle for 7th tier football, no matter how successful, and so we had the opposite problem. A need to progress on the playing side ahead of the infrastructure to keep as many fans engaged as we could whilst playing out of town. We have been very successful at this, however we now have the problem of fan's used to success needing to fund large scale improvements to a ground, whilst trying to retain a competitive team in a league full of Full Time, and bankrolled teams. Fans made the call that a competitive team was necessary, and would keep the interest in the ground improvements funding. This may prove to have been the wrong choice, if so we only have ourselves to blame. However, the sight of you creaming yourself at the prospect is rather sad. You will have put sod all into Spennymoor, time or energy. God help them if Brad ever leaves, and it is left to you to take up the cause.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 am 

the striped toga wrote:
For the second phase of the planned build for their ground to be up for promotion...yet they have raised over 40K for a boost the playing budget to try and get promoted..you couldnt make it up

At least Darlo fans are digging deep to help their club and by god they have over the last few years to get back up .I wonder what will happen if sugar daddy uncle Spendy pulls out will you,s go back to to Evenwood or maybe launch a take over of Ferryhill Athletic. Short memories from the cows field gang .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm 

the striped toga wrote:

Obsessed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:57 pm 

I personnaly think you are being manovered into a position where you have to abandon the amazing achievements since 2102 (albeit funded by putting in the dan burn money and making many losses to fund the playing budget...critism of the alledged signing on fee for foley a bit rich when you paid a transfer fee of over 20k for thommo in the northern league) and take the money from Raj Singh or others to keep afloat.... You have a manger who should have been sacked for undermining your board, the fans and your fundraising efforts and now have a CEO who is a former business associate of his....I am happily married, dont have a dog, have watched over 1500 Spennymoor games live...good times and bad...give over belittling my point of view by throwing insults around and using the word obsession (do you even know the definition of that word and how you can aply it to me?) I agree that you make your choices with funding whther right or wrong and i have an opinion on those choices (being a nom league foorball fan with an interest in seeing the north east atongky represented at national league level).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 am 

As much as you're trolling, I do actually agree with some of the points you raised there, and not others.

By the way, we never paid 20k for Thompson in the Northern League, that rumour was fantasy along with many others about us that season. Try halving it and taking another thousand off and you'd be bang on. (as it happens, Thompson at that time and the following couple of seasons was easily worth a 20k transfer fee)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 am 

Now why didn't you post that in the first place, as like PKD, I agree with some of your comments, rather than the snide dig at the fans your first post was. I also can't see any mention of Foley in any of the posts subsequently, certainly not mine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:48 pm 

Can someone explain to me hiw having a bunch of uncovered seating opening in January will improve tge matchday experience?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:22 am 

the striped toga wrote:
Can someone explain to me hiw having a bunch of uncovered seating opening in January will improve tge matchday experience?

If you prefer to sit rather than stand, it will improve your matchday experience .

Not really rocket science is it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:46 pm 

You prefer to sit in the rain, snow and winter weather. I rwckon you will get as amny people sitting as you did in the uncovered seating at bishop auckland.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:46 am 

http://www.dfcsg.co.uk/fp-content/image ... 95-500.jpg

I do too.