It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Opening day hopes and Predictions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:26 am 

Not long now until the fixtures come out, is there any times teams have played each other on the opening day a few times?

Being runners up from the evo-stick premier I think we'll be away and Blyth will be at home

Personally hoping for one of the bigger sides like Stockport or Kidderminster to start as don't fancy playing them in full flow :D

I think Salford will win the league but it wont be by a huge margin as a lot of strong sides in the league

Dark Horses are Alfreton Town, I really think they'll improve dramatically and push the playoffs this year, some key signings

As for my team Spenny, 1st target is getting to 40-45 points to be safe, if we can do that with 10 games to go and finish midtable id be absolutely thrilled but under no illusions in the step up of class we'll face

Conference North

Mind that Gap Bishop ^^^^

Post subject: Re: Opening day hopes and Predictions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:39 am 

It is a big step up but we managed to finish 5th last year.

Your progression seems to follow ours, albeit 1 year behind and a few points less - but with a few good signings, then it's reasonable to say you should be aiming for top 5, and realistically you shouldn't finish outside the top 10.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 am 

PKD wrote:
It is a big step up but we managed to finish 5th last year.

Your progression seems to follow ours, albeit 1 year behind and a few points less - but with a few good signings, then it's reasonable to say you should be aiming for top 5, and realistically you shouldn't finish outside the top 10.

I think Darlo were successful because the style of football matched pretty much the style of most teams in the league, the further up the leagues you go up the more physical and direct the football becomes, whats interesting for me is how our brand of football stands up in a more direct league, im hoping our home form which has always been excellent over the years stands up, even Fylde who cantered the league got a few drubbings away from home so its important that we have a right go at teams at home and try and pick up a few results away but I don't think we've got the strength in depth as a lot of the established conference north teams have yet. Theres some huge teams who underperformed last season, I just don't think we'll be anywhere near the playoffs or even top 10 with the quality in this league but certainly 11th/12th for us and another cup run would be a cracking season

Conference North

Mind that Gap Bishop ^^^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 am 

For my own team, I'm hoping we can get into the playoffs. I'd take an 7th finish right now. I feel the league is a lot better this year.

I can't see us going to Blyth and Spenny and getting 6 points this season. They've replaced teams that we had picked up good points against.

Interesting to see if Kiddy will be up there. Looked like they've lost a few players.

I think Bradford Park Avenue will be a lot better this year

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:04 am 

To stay in the National, its going to be difficult with practically the same squad. Thank god we aren't in the North that's going to be tough get out of.
Opening day we always seem to be away to a Southern club. Hartlepool or Orient at home just because its a quite a while since we played them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 am 

I'll just be happy with survival and consolidation and maybe a good run in the Trophy or FA Cup again - anything else is a bonus

Happy with anyone on the first day though but an away day would be nice for the first game. Nice long trek to Tamworth or Leamington or something

Funnily enough, a few of the clubs in this league I have visited with Notts many years ago before so it'll be interesting to revisit them all these years later with Spenny... 8)

Follow me on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/Cuzza_LG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:24 am 

I'll be happy as long as we survive. Bit of a free hit the first season. Have a weigh up of the teams, players and grounds. Looking forward to it immensely