It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Darlington no playoffs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 am 

paxton1410 wrote:
Darlo don't want to go up, the manager does, the players do, the fans do but the committee don't, regardless of what is being said I've been told by a player that the club can't afford to go up and they've made sure it can't happen and MG is furious as are the players. Gutted for everyone involved.

It's not a case of not "wanting" to go up, it's just that clearly we are not ready off the field. Some fans can see that, not just the board.

Every season is crucial towards building the "off the field" up. Hopefully we can raise the money to get the ground up to standard for next season - if we can't then we're still not ready or able are we? The management and players must accept this reality.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Darlington have failed to achieve an A Grade by the ground grading inspection team. This is the requirement to play in the National League. They have a B Grade which allows them to play in the National league North. So they won't be able to enter the end of season playoffs. Darlo didn't read the required changes that were made at the start of this season. So they think they should be allowed to play in the end of season playoffs & are appealing the decision to the FA. Good luck with that :roll: why not spend the money on a new 250 seater stand? Instead of wasting it on an appeal that's going to fail
http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.co ... play-offs/
Does anyone know when the appeal will be heard? It was lodged with the FA on Wednesday 20th April according to http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/32541-2/

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:14 am 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Darlington have failed to achieve an A Grade by the ground grading inspection team. This is the requirement to play in the National League. They have a B Grade which allows them to play in the National league North. So they won't be able to enter the end of season playoffs. Darlo didn't read the required changes that were made at the start of this season. So they think they should be allowed to play in the end of season playoffs & are appealing the decision to the FA. Good luck with that :roll: why not spend the money on a new 250 seater stand? Instead of wasting it on an appeal that's going to fail
http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.co ... play-offs/
Does anyone know when the appeal will be heard? It was lodged with the FA on Wednesday 20th April according to http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/32541-2/

Wasn't all 3 clubs appeals heard yesterday?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 am 

Appeals had to be submitted yesterday. I think it's heard on Wednesday next week

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:56 pm 

al_quaker wrote:
Appeals had to be submitted yesterday. I think it's heard on Wednesday next week

Stockport County had a tweet up for a while & now taken it down. It said that Darlington had failed in there appeal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:06 pm 

All 4 teams have failed in their appeal, which is entirely unexpected.

According to Poole the recommendation is that the rule be reconsidered going forward. So at least the FA recognise it's a stupid rule :roll:

On to next season and trying to raise the funds to meet the rule.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 pm 

I didn't think your appeal would succeed because no in the past has managed to overturn it. Bit of a shame you have had a good season. Looks like we may end up playing the Salford circus :roll: , rather have played a fellow ex league club.