It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Killingworth Town (H) - Sat 27 Jan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:00 pm 

This Saturday we host champions Killingworth Town in a 2pm league match.

Like us, the visitors have struggled for games but before Christmas they were picking up good form after a jittery start to the season. Their last game was a thumping 5-2 win over Northbank Carlisle. They currently sit in 7th place on 21 points which is 2 more than us but having played one more game.

We still haven't played competitively in the Alliance since November although we turned in an excellent 2-1 win in a friendly against Northern League side West Allotment Celtic.

Kick off is 2pm and as always, entry is free with the clubhouse open throughout.

Post subject: Re: Killingworth Town (H) - Sat 27 Jan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:36 am 

Rutherford 0-2 Killingworth Town

Unfortunately I missed the entire first half so can't really say anything on it. But when I got there during the break I was told it was pretty even, maybe scrappy, with the main talking point being (what they said) was a clear penalty not given to us on 5 minutes.

Early in the 2nd half we had 3 glorious chances but we hit the post with the first and then the Killingworth keeper made two excellent 1v1 saves to keep it 0-0. We also had a 2nd penalty waved away, this time for handball, as we tried and tried to break through. We seemed to be on top but then the reigning champions broke down their right and fired home for the opener. Our keeper was unlucky not to keep it out but the power was enough to see it hit the net. Killingworth then looked more relaxed and their substitute winger curled in a corker with 5 mins to go.

Before this game we were two points behind the current champions and at this stage it just shows the improvements made from last year. Once the games start becoming regular again I'm sure we'll get back to winning ways. Best of luck to Killingworth Town with this season and also their future plans.

Post subject: Re: Killingworth Town (H) - Sat 27 Jan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 am 

The Falcon wrote:
Rutherford 0-2 Killingworth Town

Unfortunately I missed the entire first half so can't really say anything on it. But when I got there during the break I was told it was pretty even, maybe scrappy, with the main talking point being (what they said) was a clear penalty not given to us on 5 minutes.

Early in the 2nd half we had 3 glorious chances but we hit the post with the first and then the Killingworth keeper made two excellent 1v1 saves to keep it 0-0. We also had a 2nd penalty waved away, this time for handball, as we tried and tried to break through. We seemed to be on top but then the reigning champions broke down their right and fired home for the opener. Our keeper was unlucky not to keep it out but the power was enough to see it hit the net. Killingworth then looked more relaxed and their substitute winger curled in a corker with 5 mins to go.

Before this game we were two points behind the current champions and at this stage it just shows the improvements made from last year. Once the games start becoming regular again I'm sure we'll get back to winning ways. Best of luck to Killingworth Town with this season and also their future plans.

Certainly a fair report. Agree that you have improved hugely since last season.

Look forward to seeing you again at our place.