It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Walker Central [H] League Cup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:30 pm 

Rutherford AFC 3 Walker Central 1

The expected 'blood & guts' type of game with both sides giving their all. We missed a couple of early chances but then were rightly reduced to 10 men when our full back lost his head - another young man who will have to learn his lesson the hard way. This gave Walker the initiative and they duly got on top. Five minutes before half time we went in front when debutant Ryan Crocker scored from close range and doubled the lead right on half time when Steve Wilson scored.

Zak Atkinson scored a beauty to make it 3-0 on 50 minutes and then Central's full back was sent off - it must've been off the ball as no-one near me saw anything - and we thought it was game over. Typically though we went down to 9 men due to injury having used all three subs and finished the game defending like the Alamo as Walker pushed on strongly. Smithy made a couple of great saves, though the visitors did reduce the deficit with three minutes remaining to give us an uncomfortable last few minutes.

A bogey team put to bed - by my reckoning we haven't beaten Walker for several years - so a very pleasing victory against a very good Central side.

Post subject: Re: Walker Central [H] League Cup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:16 pm 

steve coxon wrote:
A bogey team put to bed - by my reckoning we haven't beaten Walker for several years.

Last win was March 2012 I think - the game that had 4 penalties!

Good to see the new lads marching on.