It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Non-League Day
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:23 pm 

This year's Non-League Day is on Saturday 13th October. It seems to get quite a bit of national press coverage. Have Road been at home for either of the previous Non-League Days, and if so was there any noticeable improvement on the gate?

I notice the first team are due to play at home on the following Monday evening against Alsager Town. I assume that's because the 13th is being kept free for a cup game. Think i can vaguely remember there being quite a few cup games included in last year's NLD. If this is the case, here's hoping for a home draw. If that's not the case, or for whatever reason we're not in cup action that weekend, might it be an idea to see if there's any possibility of playing the Alsager game on the Saturday?

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/

Post subject: Re: Non-League Day
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:30 am 

Now that the Hyde game's going to be on the Monday night (15/10), will the Alsager game be being brought forward to the Saturday?

It'd be good if so. Would give us an opportunity to get a fair few through the gate twice in three days.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:16 pm 

stech wrote:
This year's Non-League Day is on Saturday 13th October. It seems to get quite a bit of national press coverage. Have Road been at home for either of the previous Non-League Days, and if so was there any noticeable improvement on the gate?

I notice the first team are due to play at home on the following Monday evening against Alsager Town. I assume that's because the 13th is being kept free for a cup game. Think i can vaguely remember there being quite a few cup games included in last year's NLD. If this is the case, here's hoping for a home draw. If that's not the case, or for whatever reason we're not in cup action that weekend, might it be an idea to see if there's any possibility of playing the Alsager game on the Saturday?

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/

Alsager are now at home to Stone on Saturday 13th October...........

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:32 pm 

Barnoldswick away in the FA Vase.

Shame we've not got a home game, but the game against Hyde on the Monday night should more than make up for it.

I wonder if it might be worth trying to spread word of the Hyde game, given that both clubs have links to City. I'm happy to try and get word out via the City forums, and to get some posters up locally if people think it'll be worthwhile.