It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Wigan Robin Park vs MRFC
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm 

Back in the groove, or will that be ruts? after all the weather, this weekend.
My how time flies, it has been an all too brief sojourn since the end of last season. I suppose Euro 2012 helped fill a few desperate weeks for those who love the beautiful game, don't even mention Eires unenviable Euro record breaking team? Call themselves dedicated professionals. They must have thought "This is easy, money for old rope, wheres the beer?" Atrocious, doesn't go anywhere near close enough to describe it. And they slagged off Roy Keane! Roy might have been a red, but he knows how to speak the words no one wants to hear mentioned.
Enough of my summer woes. This is MRFC Forum space....
There is a new season ahead, with a new team of navigators at the helm of the good ship "Maine Road FC". These men have been charged with steering us on a steady and even course, safely reaching that distant harbour next May that will be a good secure berth, high up the league table. The voyage won't all be plain sailing, it will be one of choppy waters, interspersed with the odd becalming, one which will hopefully, be highlighted by a display of grit by the old crew members quickly bedding in the new deck hands into the ways of the spirit required at MRFC. I for one, wish the skippers and their crew, all the best for their exciting voyage and will wait with trepidation for their log entries from the far flun reaches of Lancashire and Yorshire and whatever port of call they are required to call into on route.
That voyage starts this weekend at Wigan. NO NO, NOT ATHLETIC!!!!
Good luck to all the team and back up crew for this first port of call, hoping they fill the cargo hold with three points and selfbelief that the new crew will work well this year.

"Play up you Blues!"

Post subject: Re: Wigan Robin Park vs MRFC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 am 

How we at Maine Road FC didn't get something out of this, I'll never know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBD-MxodCuE&feature=plcp