It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Northallerton trap the Rat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 pm 

Popular Newton Aycliffe midfielder Stuart Owen has tonight shocked the club and signed for second division outfit Northallerton Town.

Affectionately nicknamed ‘Rat Boy,’ Owen has followed former star Dan Mellanby to Ainderby Road, after handing in a transfer request on Saturday evening.

The move will stun followers of the club, with Owen a mainstay of its Northern League history, racking up over 200 appearances for his hometown team.

Owen had previously played for Crook Town and West Auckland Town, but took the two-league drop back in 2008 to help Aycliffe to the Wearside League title, and was a key figure as the club won promotion to the first division in 2011.

Former player/coach and manager Mellanby signed for Peter Mulcaster’s side at the end of last week, and the pair will join another former Newtonian, in the shape of Martin Butterworth

Post subject: Re: Northallerton trap the Rat
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:47 pm 

I would like to thank everyone at newton aycliffe fc for my time there I have had an amazing time at the club making over 200 apps, and very proud to have played for the club, I have also made some fantastic friends at the club who I hope I can stay in touch with!
I also wish u all the best for the season and hope to see u soon

The ratboy (stewie)