It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kelloe Davy Lamp
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 am 

Does anyone know anything about Keloe Davy Lamp regarding folding? I know a couple of teams in the DDSL are facing problems this season with players etc.... We were due to play them yesterday but got a call just after 10 telling us they only had 6 players, heard its happened a couple of times now, and its only early on in the season. Hope not because everytime we've played them they seem like a good set of lads with a good secratary.

Post subject: Re: Kelloe Davy Lamp
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am 

I saw on facebook that they are going to have a meeting to try and sort it all out, they have plenty signed on its just getting lads to turn up regular and take it a little more serious. Lawrence like all the Secretaries does a really good job of keeping the Club afloat, pisses me off when you see lads not but a bit of effort in. Then again I don't get the mentality of some of the younguns nowadays!

This season we have already had four games (yesterday) where we have been down to 11 or 12, I even signed myself on and had to play in one game.
It does seem to be happening alot, lads are just not as interested as they use to be. I know at the AGM I really wanted to increase the amount of subs that we can use as I think that would help lads who don't get much of a chance to play to get minutes on the pitch and not lose interest altogether :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:21 pm 

Same problems at Bowburn maybe the DAVY LAMP LADS might come to Bowburn :D at least one team will stay afloat

Twitter acccounts @theCitizensafc @DCAFCsupporters
Radio DCAFC Official Radio Station http://www.spreaker.com/user/dcafc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 pm 

Defo agree 3 subs from 7 aint gud anuff. Name 7 n only bein able to play 3. Not like we get 7 subs like.
We were short yest aswell like you missed a good game

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm 

Its a shame when any team is either on the verge of folding or they have to actually fold, fortunately never been in the position. Yeah totally agree, the FA's projection and strategy of "increasing grassroots football" in my opinion is much to be desired. Totally agree with the non-use of rolling subs as I think it would just end up turning ridiculous, but, possibly an extra couple of subs out of those 7 could be used?
I also disagree with what the FA have drummed into referee's this, and past seasons (not having a pop at referee's or anything) the colour co-ordinated tape/socks malarky being one of the worst, also when you have a player who wants to turn up to play the sport he enjoys/enjoyed missing by inches from 25 yards and saying "bas*ard" getting a lecture followed by a yellow card and a £10 fine..... But another chap who decides he wants to take another lads ankle as a souvenier gets a warning of if it happens again, he'll be in the book!

Tends to put a lot of the younger lads who will be the next generation off Sunday league football

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 pm 

totally agree with the more subs thing, i was hoping the leagues would bring in 5 subs per game. cant really see the point of increasing the amount you can name but not use. The fa want more people interested and keep them interested doesnt make sense to me .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 am 

Yeah I think naming 7 and only being allowed to use 3 is just not benefiting anyone really and can have the wrong effect as we as club have discovered this season, already had one player leave to not getting enough time and can’t say I blame him really.

But we all disagreed with rolling subs but I have seen it used to good effect on a Saturday in the Durham Alliance, we could have approached it the same way, basically don’t take off players that have come on which means you have the option to use all 7 subs, you would need some form of gentleman’s agreement so that clubs didn’t take advantage and waste time which was one of the main reasons for not accepting I believe.

As for Bowburn and Kelloe Davey Lamp, played them both over the past two seasons and have some cracking lads so it’s a shame things aren’t going well. Surprises me about Bowburn because they have a lot of younger players that if they kept will do well in the next few seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 am 

Don23 wrote:
Yeah I think naming 7 and only being allowed to use 3 is just not benefiting anyone really and can have the wrong effect as we as club have discovered this season, already had one player leave to not getting enough time and can’t say I blame him really.

But we all disagreed with rolling subs but I have seen it used to good effect on a Saturday in the Durham Alliance, we could have approached it the same way, basically don’t take off players that have come on which means you have the option to use all 7 subs, you would need some form of gentleman’s agreement so that clubs didn’t take advantage and waste time which was one of the main reasons for not accepting I believe.

As for Bowburn and Kelloe Davey Lamp, played them both over the past two seasons and have some cracking lads so it’s a shame things aren’t going well. Surprises me about Bowburn because they have a lot of younger players that if they kept will do well in the next few seasons.

Can't remember if it was Graham or Chris but someone from DDSL did suggest that we could have the roll on-off subs rule but use it as having 5 normal subs, not use it as roll on-off, like you say a gentlemans agreement.
I also run a U12's team where I can use the roll on-off system and it works perfectly fine, I have not come across a team that uses it too frequently so it actually spoils the game.
It allows all my boys to get time on the pitch it also allows them to come off for 5 or 10mins if they take a knock and if ok come back on. If we are winning a game comfortably I can make five quick substitutions to give all the subs a good run out then put some of the substititued lads back on later on in the game.
Maybe at the next AGM there might be more teams in favour of this rule, I definately will.

By the way I've heard that Davy Lamp have some new players interested and have had words with current players to sort it out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:55 pm 

In the Stockton Sunday League we can name up to 5 subs and play all 5

Worked fine from what I've seen so far. Most clubs have just named 5 and used 5 subs and not really used the roll on-off facility

Up the George!!!!

Twitter: @Craigpaul85