Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: TRAINING AND MORPETH TOWN AWAY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:09 am 

TRAINING IS 7PM ON WEDNESDAY AT TEESDALE PARK BAR OPEN AFTERWARDS

PLAYERS MEETING 1PM WOLVISTON SERVICES ON SATURDAY FOR MORPETH TOWN AWAY

Post subject: Re: TRAINING AND MORPETH TOWN AWAY
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:49 pm 

looking forward to this game hope that we can get something out of this game come on Thornaby!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:20 pm 

FT Morpeth 1-1 Thornaby FC match report to follow soon

Post subject: Re: MORPETH TOWN AWAY
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 pm 

1-1 Thornaby started well and took a deserved lead through Gary Mitchell after a good dummy by Marcus Laing and also had a couple of half chances, Morpeth then had penalty for a trip saved well by MARC BRIGGS
, HT THORNABY 1 - MORPETH TOWN 0
The second period saw a series of missed chances by the home side who equalised following a disputed free kick awarded by an official who was having an awful second half , Thornaby rode their luck and defended well with skipper Darren Morton, Ian Clark and Rob Pearson battling away with the rest of the team to grab a point from high flying Morpeth

BRIGGS LILLEY FARRINGTON MORTON PEARSON CLARK ORIORDAN LOFTS LAING MITCHELL THORNS
SUBS 75 MINS HOPSON FOR THORNS
80 MINS RABY FOR ORIORDAN
MOM BRIGGS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:15 pm 

Full time score Morpeth 1-1 Thornaby FC STL Northern League Division 2 Saturday 21st April 2012

Thornaby made the hour long journey to Craik Park for their final away game off the season. The first 14 minutes was a midfield battle with neither side any shot of any notice. It was the visitors Thornaby who opened the scoring when Ian Clark played a good ball forward which Marcus Laing dummied and the ball fell to Gary Mitchell's feet and he he went around the keeper and tapped home the ball into a empty net with 14 minutes gone. Morpeth then had there first good chance when Thomas Wilson missed a great chance when it looked easier to score and the Highwaymen then had the next chance when Connor Andrews fired wide. the visitors then had a good chance when Paul Thorns went around the keeper and tried to pass to Marcus Laing but a Morpeth defender cleared for a corner. The hosts kept up the pressure on the Teessiders goal when Dormand fired wide when he really should have hit the target. Morpeth then had another chance which went wide. The hosts then won a penna which James MClean took he hit the penna to the left hand side off the goal with Briiggs making a great save

Half Time Morpeth 0-1 Thornaby FC

Thornaby had the first chance in the second half when Marty O'Riordan fired wide from outside of the box and the Teessiders then had the next chance when Laing hit a shot which a defender blocked. Morpeth then levelled when a great free kick was played in and Dormand headed past Briggs in the Thornaby goal with 53 minutes gone and the hosts almost took the lead when stephen Howes hit the post and Phillip Cartwright drilled the rebound straight at Briggs. Thornaby then had the next chance when Danny Lofts hit his free kick straight at Stephen Mundy in the Morpeth goal and the visitors then had the next chance when Ian Clark tried to shot from an accute angle and Mundy was equal to it. The Highwaymen then had another two chances when the first effort was spilt by Briggs and the rebound was cleared off the line. Thornaby then had the next chance when Mark Lilley hit an effort from just outside the box and the effort just went wide. Morpeth then won a free kick with Steven Andrews effort hitting the bar and with just a few Minutes to go Morpeth had their final effort with another free kick with this effort just flying wide.

Well what a match i thought that we were good at times today espcially when we passed the ball around and we caused Morpeth a few problems at times but i also hung on at times but to be honest we have dominated lots of games this season and came out with nothing so it makes a change to be outplayed and come out with something so well done guys a well battled game as for Morpeth well to be honest i think that they are one of the best sides that we have played this season the only thing that they lack is that finishing touch and i would also like to thank them for there hospitality which was first class and i also would like to give a special mention to the referee who allowed the game to go despite the pitch looking pretty bad in patches but he reliesed that it was a end of season game and wanted to get it done so well done ref and i didnt see there free kick for the goal so i cant comment on that. I am looking forward to our final game against North Shields at home next week come on lets have a good end to the season!

Thornaby FC Team

1.Marc Briggs
2. Mark Lilley
3.Ian Clark
4. Darren Morton
5. Rob Pearson
6. Lee Farrington
7. Danny Lofts
8. Marcus Laing
9. Paul Thorns
10. Marty O'Riordan
11. Gary Mitchell

Subs used
12. Charlie Raby
14. Lewis Hopson

Man of the match Marc Briggs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 am 

The referee allowing the game to be played was unfortunately, his best contribution to the fixture.
Matthew Carroll wrote:
special mention to the referee who allowed the game to go despite the pitch looking pretty bad in patches but he reliesed that it was a end of season game
He got a multitude of decisions wrong and would not speak with the captain as he had outlined at the beginning of the game is the manner he wished to approach the match.