It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 54
Location: billog
After yesterdays defeat at Bedlington 3-0 Thornaby are on their travels again to visit Consett to play Durham city on Tuesday 730pm ko in the home sides final league game with a valuable three points at stake for the visitors who dropped an place to 17th seven points off the bottom where Ryton and Crawcrook now occupy with Esh Winning up to 19th . Thornaby visit Ryton on 19th April , Stuart Browne is injured Nico Wetherald James Rowe and Aaron Foley are included
Come on the Blues


PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 am 

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 am
Posts: 1
Location: Billingham
Match Report

Full Time Score Durham City 2-2 Thornaby FC (Ebac Northern League Division 2)

Thornaby travelled to Consett' Belle View Stadium looking to bounce back from Saturday's 3-0 defeat Vs Bedlington Terriers while Durham were also looking to bounce back from there 2-1 defeat Vs Stockton Town.

Thornaby made 2 changes with Taylor Crainey and Lewis Green coming in for Gary Mitchell and Jake Marron who were both not available.

Thornaby started the better and had the first chance with 2 minutes gone when James Rowe played in Karl Charlton whose half volleyed effort went into the hands off Dean Caris in the home goal and it was the visitors who also had the next effort when Mitchell Morris quickly taken free kick found Daniel Brunskill who swivelled the defender but his left footed effort from outside the box hit the side netting. The visitors continued to create chances when Daniel Brunskill's brilliant ball across the 6 yard box was attacked well by Karl Charlton but Caris in the home goal saved well . Durham had there first chance off the match after a ball rebounded off a Thornaby player and fell to Ross Simpson whose low effort from just outside the box was well saved by Gibbs in the visitors goal. Durham then took the lead against the run of play when JOSH THOMPSON'S left footed half volleyed chip from 12 yards beat Gibbs in the visitors goal with 21 minutes gone and the home side almost made it 2-0 when a brilliant ball from the left found Daniel O'Reilly who fired over from 8 yards out. Thornaby then had the next effort when a cross from Howes found Karl Charlton who volleyed wide. The Citizens then had the following effort when Kieran McWaters brilliant effort from 25 yards had to be tipped over the bar by Gibbs. Thornaby thought they would be going into half time a goal but unfortunately Thornaby went 2-0 when a clever pass down the Thornaby left seen confusion between Goalkeeper Liam Gibbs and Mitchell Morris and Gibbs tried to come out and clear the ball away but DANIEL O'REILLY intercepted the ball but was closed down and went to his left of the goal and fired into the net despite the best interests of the Thornaby defenders on the line with 45 minutes gone.

Half Time Durham City 2-0 Thornaby FC

The home side looked to increase the lead and had the first effort of the second half when Daniel Knowd fired over from just outside the penalty Area. Thornaby pulled a goal back when Kurtis Howes cross from the left found MICHAEL JOSEPH who tapped home with his left foot from 6 yards out with 54 minutes gone. The home almost went back 2 goals in front when Daniel O'Reilly's right footed shot across goal was tipped away by Gibbs. Thornaby then had the next chance when Michael Joseph's right footed cross from the halfway line found Daniel Brunskill who headed the ball back to Karl Charlton whose brilliant left footed effort was superbly saved by Caris. Thornaby deservedly levelled the match when Mitchell Morris right footed drilled pass across the box seemed to go straight into the hands off Caris but he spilled the ball to MICHAEL JOSEPH who had the simple task of tapping home into the empty net with 80 minutes gone. Both sides looked to get the winner but nobody really created any chances in the last 10 minutes but Thornaby did have Taylor Crainey sent off for a second bookable offence. Referee Will Pare blew the whisltle shortly after that to give Thornaby a deserved share of the points.

Man of the Match:Michael Joseph

In my opinion a very well deserved result. Got to admit at 2-0 it did not like as though we would get back into it despite being the better side especially in the first 10 minutes where we had 5 shots on goal but credit to the lads who showed spirit and character to get back into the match and gain at least a point. Up the Blues

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group