It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Billingham Synthonia Vs Thornaby FC Match Report
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 am 

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 am
Posts: 1
Location: Billingham
Full Time Score Billingham Synthonia 2-0 Thornaby FC Ebac Northern League division 2

Thornaby travelled to local rivals Billingham Synthonia looking to try and get something against the Promotion seeking home side.

Thornaby made 4 changes from there last match against Hebburn Town with Bowman, Jackson, Crainey and Green coming in while Nathan Evans, Stuart Browne and Liam Gibbs dropping to the bench. Synthonia had ex Thornaby favourite Matthew Robinson on the bench.

The first half proved to be a dull affair and Promotion chasing Synthonia found it hard to break down Thornaby who defended brilliantly and kept there shape very well although Synthonia id have 2 chances in the first half the first chance coming after 10 minutes gone when Josh Rowbotham's effort from 25 yards flew wide of the goal. The hosts second chance came when Macualay Longstaff's free kick went just past the post.

Half Time Billingham Synthonia 0-0 Thornaby FC

The home side took the lead 3 minutes after half time when a poor free kick was given away by Thornaby and MACUALAY LONGSTAFF stepped up and curled his effort past the wall despite Bowman getting a hand onto it. Thornaby had there first effort of the evening when Stephen Morrison's drilled effort from 25 yards went straight into the hands of Jack McLaren in the home goal. Synthonia made it 2-0 when Sub Chay Liddle's clever pass found MACUALAY LONGSTAFF who seen his first effort smothered by Bowman but the man on loan from Gateshead made no mistake in tapping home the rebound despite the best efforts of a Thornaby defender trying to stop the ball going in with 70 minutes gone. It was almost 3-0 when Matthew Robinson fired his effort wide from 20 yards out. Thornaby had the final chance of the match when Sub Kurtis Howes shot was deflected onto the head of Michael Joseph but his header went wide.

Man of the match:Michael Joseph

Thought we defended superbly well in the first half but unfortunately we could not hold out for the point but well done to the lads i reckon we will start to pick up points sooner rather than later.

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group