It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Skelmersdale United 3 AFC Fylde 1
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:37 pm 

I took in your cup game yesterday and must say I was expecting big things from Fylde.

However, I came away believing the best team had won and you're sadly lacking up front. I know you could have had an off day and I'm sure you will be up there this season.

On this game though I'd say that even after losing several players Tommy Lawson has yet again got together a decent team at Skelmersdale who will be challenging once again.

Post subject: Re: Skelmersdale United 3 AFC Fylde 1
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:15 pm 

Grazza wrote:
I took in your cup game yesterday and must say I was expecting big things from Fylde.

However, I came away believing the best team had won and you're sadly lacking up front. I know you could have had an off day and I'm sure you will be up there this season.

On this game though I'd say that even after losing several players Tommy Lawson has yet again got together a decent team at Skelmersdale who will be challenging once again.

No mate, you're right. We are lacking and our forum sums up the mood in regards to our performances. We definitely have the players but they're simply not clicking. In pre-season we played some really attractive football, neat passes across the park and the odd cocky flick here and there. Has we been in the same form now than what we were then, we'd have take 6 points out of 6 easily. In the last 2 games of pre-season there has been far too many long, hopeful balls across the pitch in time for the season. There is no attractive football that and it's really frustrating as I had seen myself the fantastic football these players put in pre-season. That form has been switched off. There will no doubt be major changes if we fail to get a sniff at promotion this season. It's been said by DH, DD and co that they fully expect promotion and rightfully so with the current spending budget.

If we find that form tomorrow we'll rip Leigh Genesis apart. If we carry on the way we are just lately then it will be us that will be ripped apart. Still early days however.
Congratulations on your victory and good luck in the next round.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:22 pm 

Will this new £6 million stadium have enough room for your 220 fans??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:26 am 

You mean £15 million community stadium mate :wink: With a capacity of 6,000 it would fit us all in and our future fans too. You wouldn't believe it but in the last 3 seasons our attendances have increased by approximately 98% so if we continue to climb the ladder then we are expecting more! This stadium will also attract more people especially as it's on the border of Kirkham and Wrea Green where it's more easily accessible by foot and by public transport. Those using the facilities will be tempted to watch games... :wink: The sooner the better!

Much improved performance against Leigh Genesis. It could have been 5 or 6 nil! Keep it up Fylde!