It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Jamie Milligan signs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 pm 

Superb news.

AFC Fylde have completed the signing of Jamie Milligan from Fleetwood Town. He has signed a 3 year deal with the Coasters.

After much deliberation the 30 year old has agreed to cancel his contract with Town by mutual consent after they opted to go full time this season and Milligan was left with a dilemma considering his next move, staying local and his growing Soccer Academy a big factor behind his decision.

The former Everton and Blackpool midfielder made over 160 appearances for Town scoring 50 goals and enjoyed great success with the club. Last season Milligan made 27 appearances and scored 10 goals for Town in another promotion winning campaign which saw them gain promotion via the play offs to the Blue Square Premier.

Milligan is now looking to concentrate his efforts on getting back to full fitness after a hernia operation in the summer and repeating his success with his new club “ I’m gutted to leave Fleetwood after some great times there but I have to look forward now to a new challenge. I have left on good terms with everyone at the club and I’d like to thank the Town fans who were brilliant to me. Now I’m looking forward to joining AFC Fylde and with the calibre of players we have in the squad and the backing from the President and Chairman I’m hoping we can emulate that success. I turned down one league club and two other conference clubs because Fylde are ambitious, have some exciting plans for the future and I want to stay in the area. I don’t want to be travelling any distance and my family and business interests locally are important to me. Now I plan to work on my fitness over the coming weeks and I’ll be doing some extra work with Kelham to get ready for the start of the season. All I’m focused on now is getting down to some hard work and getting this club success.”

Fylde Manager Kelham O’Hanlon is delighted with his capture “ I’m delighted to get Jamie on board. He’s proven quality and brings a wealth of experience and skill and I’m looking forward to working with him. He is a proven winner at this level and higher and I’m looking for him to be one of our leaders in our squad.”

Club President David Haythornthwaite is equally excited by Milligan’s arrival “ Jamie has been one of the best players outside the Football League and he has enjoyed great success at Fleetwood Town where he was captain of a side who gained successive promotions all the way to the Conference. He is a local lad and I’m delighted he wants to come and play for us. This is the cream on the cake as far as our summer transfer moves go and once again shows our ambition to take the club forward. He is a quality player and our fans are going to love him. ”

Milligan is expected to make his debut in next Wednesday’s high profile pre-season clash with Owen Coyle’s Bolton Wanderers at Kellamergh Park Kick Off 7.45pm.

Jamie Milligan – Player Profile
DOB 03/01/1980

The former Everton and Blackpool midfielder made over 160 appearances for Town scoring 50 goals. After he left Blackpool in 2003 he had spells with Macclesfield and Leigh Genesis before he joined Town from Hyde Utd in 2006. He was leading scorer in the 2007-2008 season with 21 goals as the club won promotion, as champions of the Northern Premier League Premier Division. That same season he won the fans Player of the Season and the players' Player of the Season. In May 2008 he signed a new three year contract at the club and was voted as the Unibond Premier Division Player of the Year. Last season Milligan made 27 appearances for Town in another promotion winning season which saw them gain promotion via the play offs to the Blue Square Premier.

Post subject: Re: Jamie Milligan signs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:10 pm 

Got yourselves a diamond.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 pm 

Wages more than income, Fylde are on a very slippery slope.

It will all end in :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:42 am 

Memorex wrote:

For now... The new sports village for AFC Fylde will generate a huge amount of income and will definitely secure the future of the club..

Take a look at the plans;
http://afcfylde.co.uk/the-club/future-plans.php

Construction should commence next year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:03 pm 

Memorex wrote:

It would be interesting to know how much they are paying him, and what AFC Fylde's weekley wage budget is £5,000/£6,000 a week at least I would say.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:45 pm 

£5,000-£6,000? More like £10,000 - £12,000 a week. That's the figure I've been given but I don't care. 2022 is the aim.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:56 pm 

KirkhamWesham wrote:
£5,000-£6,000? More like £10,000 - £12,000 a week. That's the figure I've been given but I don't care. 2022 is the aim.

That really is ridiculous money (if it's true).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 am 

KirkhamWesham wrote:
but I don't care

well you truely deserve everything that is coming your way.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]