It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New AFC Fylde website
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 am 

Love it :mrgreen: The AFC Fylde fans forum is also now easily accessible through the site too. The layout is perfect and all the information is easier to obtain.

Beats the old website by a mile.

Post subject: Re: New AFC Fylde website
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:41 am 

i agree , hell of a lot better than the old one, looks more proffesional :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:47 pm 

Give us a link then? :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:51 am 

AFC Fylde website

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk

AFC Fylde fans forum

http://afcfylde.x.am

The forum can also be accessed through the AFC Fylde Website under the "Supporters Club" tab.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:32 pm 

I see the official AFC Fylde forum is closed until further notice.

What's going on?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:05 pm 

Perhaps the president or the rose tinted brigade dont like some of the comments made??? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm 

The decision to close the forum was made by the administrator and not by anyone from the club.
It was having a negative effect and was not in the best interest of the club to let it continue.

DON'T FORGET THE FANS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:53 pm 

At 1st I didn't agree with it. I told "Hammershawk" that instead it should be cleaned up rather than deleted but after thinking about it I totally agree with the closure. It unsettled a few at the club and even got to Mick Fuller who frequently read the garbage spewed out by RagingBull, who I have not seen attend to a game. I personally don't feel anyone at the club is doing anything wrong, that includes Dave Haythornthwaite. Everyone wants the same result as the fans. That is success. The comments made on that forum gave a false feeling that those views were shared by the majority of our fans and would have eventually driven DH, MF and few players away from the club.

That forum was created to support the team, to draw the supporters and the club closer to each other but instead it had the opposite effect. Why couldn't it have been like Runcorn Linnet's, Lancaster City's or Skelmersdale's forum where it's full of praise for the club that we support? RagingBull was a stirrer.who had no interest in our club yet everyone kept taking his word/rumours...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 am 

That's a shame i thought Hammer was doing a good job - although i suspect he got a litlle cheesed off with the amount of effort he put into this with very little reward from the club....I also suspect it was a one man band and no one was prepared to step in and pick up the pieces after Hammer had walked away

KW agree with your comments regarding bringing the club together etc like other forums, however you are always going to get objective/negative views from fans - after all the pundits will tell you... fans are fickle.

At the end of the day the Bull is the Bull....I personally didnt mind his comments and took them with a pinch of salt.....although i do feel he had Mick's best interest at heart.

The forum was one of the better things i have seen from the club - hopefully some of the critisism directed at the President penertraited that thick skin of his......like many others who post on their i have seen him in action and its not big or clever :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm 

Quote:
The forum was one of the better things i have seen from the club

Thank you 8) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 pm 

Quote:
That's a shame i thought Hammer was doing a good job - although i suspect he got a litlle cheesed off with the amount of effort he put into this with very little reward from the club..

make that no reward,and you will be closer to the truth,it is the same reason the fan club secretary quit. because hammer and the fan club secretary is the same person.

DON'T FORGET THE FANS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:04 pm 

What a joke.

the forum is is simply that! a public forum for people to air the views. it just so happened that sum of the posts were from people who have played or been connected with the club as well as just paying supporters.

it is a bad sign that this has been withdrawn, if it is solely the fact that the administator no longer wants to take on the responsibility and there is no one else to take on the mantle then i suppose not a lot can be done, but my suspicion it has come about becomes not every post was saying how wonderful art thou DH and we are the best thing since sliced bread like some of the forums that were mentioned before where every single poster appears to have rose cloured glasses.

it is great to get views of different people to upkeep interest in the club. yes some are negative but this forum only needs put that it is not one that advertises or inputs any official statements from the club so therefore everything on hear would be considered hear say and rumour as it should because club officials need not reply to fans but ensure that their forum is club meetings be it in around the changng rooms or board meetings.

well lets see if the mood in the camp improves purely because the forum has been gotten rid of.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:29 pm 

Very well put some1 - i was trying to be diplomatic... :wink:

I suspect DH may have had the final influence on this being pulled along... with a disillousioned administrator :(

Hopefully some of the boys from the supporters forum will find their way back here......Bring on the Bull!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:46 pm 

laughable absolutly laughable!!!!!!! What a big set of babies!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:01 pm 

Apparently DH is looking to open a forum in the new year which will be moderated by the club itself...