It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Pre-Season News
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 pm 

The Club`s Website has just announced that two friendlies have been arranged for Saturday 21st July.

The first is at the Delta Taxis Stadium,kick-off 1.00pm when the Bucks entertain St Johns from the Isle Of Man.

The second Bucks match is pencilled in for a 3.00pm Kick-Off versus South Liverpool FC, at South`s Jericho Lane ground.

Up The Bucks. :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: Pre-Season News
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:22 pm 

Hiya Coxswain,
hows pre-season looking for you lads? Understand it is the Vase draw next week, would be great to visit you again after a smashing day out last time.
Good luck to you all for the new season from your friends at Shildon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 pm 

All the best to Shildon for the coming season,

Yes,it would be great to meet you in the Vase,it would give us the chance to be victors rather than vanquished as we were last time we met.Joking apart,I have really happy memories of your visit and would welcome the chance to meet you all again(home ar away).

You may well have read elsewhere our Manager,Chris O`Brien, left us after seven years in charge.As well as winning the First Division Championship in 2008/09,Chris has taken the team to 3rd,6th and 3rd in the Premier Division over the past three seasons.

Some would say that his record was good,and I honestly don`t know why he went,but the committee made the decision that a change was necessary,so,we will have to see what the new season and the new man in charge will bring.

Our new Player/Manager is Neil Prince who played for us last season and finished the season as second top scorer with 13 goals.Neil comes with a great football pedigree and the committee and supporters are hoping that he can take us that one step further and get us promotion to the Evo-Stik League.

Cheers,
Ken.

UP THE BUCKS.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 pm 

Dave Moran, good keeper or?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:56 am 

Runcorn Linnets scouting reports as good as ever then!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm 

Matt (SHT Fan) wrote:

intrigued now matt, what kind of reputation do linnets scouting reports enjoy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:25 am 

keno wrote:

In response to your question `Keno`,Dave Moran played 31 consecutive games for Bootle last season,during which time we had an unbeaten run of 22 games.

At the end of the unbeaten run we lost at home 2-0 to AFC Blackpool.Dave was dropped after that game and didn`t figure again in the first team.

Lots of rumours were around,as you would expect,the strongest of which was that the management thought he was too small.

I did think that it was somewhat bizarre that Dave had managed to play 31 times before this "problem" was identified.

Dave is not the tallest of goalkeepers,but what he lacks in height he makes up for with heart and a football background that has instilled in him the will to win.He has got a lot of ability and I wish him well in his future career with Linnets.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 am 

coxswain wrote:
keno wrote:

In response to your question `Keno`,Dave Moran played 31 consecutive games for Bootle last season,during which time we had an unbeaten run of 22 games.

At the end of the unbeaten run we lost at home 2-0 to AFC Blackpool.Dave was dropped after that game and didn`t figure again in the first team.

Lots of rumours were around,as you would expect,the strongest of which was that the management thought he was too small.

I did think that it was somewhat bizarre that Dave had managed to play 31 times before this "problem" was identified.

Dave is not the tallest of goalkeepers,but what he lacks in height he makes up for with heart and a football background that has instilled in him the will to win.He has got a lot of ability and I wish him well in his future career with Linnets.

Thanks for the response.

I remember him being in goal against us at your place earlier on in the season and was surprised that he was keeping Mark Mawdsley out of the team who is a cracking keeper, so thought he must of been showing something for him to be your number 1.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:28 pm 

runcornio wrote:
Matt (SHT Fan) wrote:

That they're conducted by unintelligent cross-eyed followers on internet forums, who'll blindly believe whatever they're told. Something along those lines.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 pm 

runcornio wrote:
Matt (SHT Fan) wrote:

That they're conducted by unintelligent cross-eyed followers on internet forums, who'll blindly believe whatever they're told. Something along those lines.

It was only a matter of time before your troll-like manner came to the surface - surely only so long now before Bootle oust you like St Helens did out of embarassment?.

Our's is not the only club that likes to point and laugh at you is it? We would take you seriously if your tantrums werent so comically camp.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 pm 

Runcorn Linnets supporters up with the times as per usual I see, lol. Always good to know you're getting out and about a bit. I'll bet there's a few others that enjoy a point and a laugh and who am I to deny people a little happiness in their lives. I was unaware Runcorn Linnets pointed and laughed, but their status as sub-humans renders that irrelevant to be honest. Anywhoo, in the interest of occasionally helping out sub-humans before returning to my usual hobby of treading on them, the link below will provide you with more information regarding your new signing Dave Moran:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCeCmOWS8qk

As you will see, you've signed an absolute beauty!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:17 pm 

Grow up, Matt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:54 pm 

Butt out, Yorkie!