It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Maine Road
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:30 pm 

We were awful today and have not been great for a few weeks now..3 big players missing today and probably another 5 or 6 who just did not turn up today... 2 key players coming off by half time with injuries ..2 down on 70 mins and looked poor..Again we made changes to go to a back 3 defensively and go 2 back to got ET..Poor though and i know some serious questions were asked of squad after the game today ...
Great tho the run we are on..gone behind in all of our last 5 games...yet finished the team stronger to gain draw or win..
Testament to the lads with an exceptional run , 16 wins , 6 draws in all comps...
Swap it all for the title...Thats what we want ...bring on last 11 games of league and two cup comps.....
A shout went out today after the game ..."A lot of sides are playing for nothing at this stage of season ..so fight for every game like a cup final.. " If you need inspiraration the squad was told after today ..look at the position our club have got into , potential treble.....Could end up with nothing but we stand tall and embrace....Bring it on...

UP THE BUCKS !!!

Post subject: Re: Maine Road
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:08 pm 

Well on reflection think given recent draws and lets not forget all those draws at the start of the season.
If 2 or 3 of those draws had been turned into wins we would be sitting well clear on top now.
Anyway given how poorly we played yesterday I am happy witht the draw which on reflection we probably did not deserve.
Would be happy with a top 3 finish and a cup win if I am honest