It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: FA Cup - Bootle 4 Alsager 1
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 am 

My first taste of the new management team at the Bucks this season and got to say I was impressed (at least with the 2nd half performance!!)

Knowing the way Princey plays I'm sure he would have been disappointed with the 1st half as it seemed there was a tendency to rush things when in posession and get the ball forward a bit too quickly. A mistake by new keeper Porter let Alsager in for a tap in and an uneventful 1st half ended with Alsager 1-nil up (although Bootle should have had the ball in the net themselves) - probably a little undeserved.

2nd half was much more what we've come to expect and it was interesting to see the lads pressing higher up the pitch and seemingly playing a higher intensity 4-3-3 that hadn't really gelled in the 1st half. 4 goals scored (2 each by Docker and Thommo) and a safe passage into the next round.

I dont think Alsager could complain, they were blown away a little by our strength and passing game that had returned in the 2nd half. Decent perfromances by Docker and young Billy Smart whilst the new keeper's kicking was decent. I also thought Queeny had a good game at right back.

All in all good to be back and look forward to the rest of what hopefully will be a successful season.

Match report linked from the website below:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/officialb ... id=1278204

#upthebucks

Post subject: Re: FA Cup - Bootle 4 Alsager 1
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm 

A friend who attended the game last Sat has posted 4 photos on his infrequently updated photoblog at:

http://matchdayimages.tumblr.com

He tries to get around as many grounds as he can (as you can see from his blog) but it was his first visit to DTS.....of course he was impressed!