It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Brandon 0 Morpeth 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 am 

The strong wind was always going to be the key factor in today's game, Morpeth started the game with the wind at their backs and the Brandon defence coped with the pressure and minimal chances resolutely which saw the visitors getting more and more frustrated as the half went on. Half time 0-0
They say it is a game of two halfs, but it was more like a game of two seasons yesterday because as the second half started the wind had dropped dramatically and the expected Brandon onslaught never materialised not just because of the lack of wind but Brandon seemed to have the mind set of the first half and sat back and soaked up the pressure never really going forward with any purpose or quality. You will have to forgive me for the sketchy descriptions of the Morpeth goals as i missed the first two (i was running about like a blue arsed fly and i am sure most commitee people will know what i mean). The first was from a dribble and shot after a corner that was cleared, the second i havent a scooby and the third was a shot which the Brandon keeper tipped onto the underside of the bar when trying to tip it over. Full time 0-3
I hope someone will post a better description of the goals.

Post subject: Re: Brandon 0 Morpeth 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:09 pm 

Its a bummer when that happens, wind dropping in 2nd half, i think when that happens the game should be played again, its unfair on the team thats getting beat.