It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Brandon United v Team Northumbria
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 pm 

Here we are then fellas - the last game of the season.

Predictions please.

I'm gonna go for a 1-0 win to Brandon. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Brandon United v Team Northumbria
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:05 am 

2 -0 to us i hope should play 10ht 20game but we will on for for 3 seasons scoring twenty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:32 am 

Punctuation Mr Pigeon End. Punctuation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:57 pm 

the pigeon end wrote:
2 -0 to us i hope should play 10ht 20game but we will on for for 3 seasons scoring twenty

Quit yo jibber jabber!! Thats just an assortment of letters.......... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:12 pm 

the pigeon end wrote:

I believe this is written in some sort of code that Pigeon End is hoping the Enigma machine maybe able to crack.

At the very least nobody from Brandon or TN wil have a clue what's being said so cannot disagree with him. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how too let me know and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:22 pm 

2-1 to Brandon.

Keppoch Park, Glasgow Perthshire (09/06/18)

My New Grounds Log & Map-

http://smid100fgc.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... ewart.html

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/etseeketsee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:24 pm 

sorry folks 2 0 to brandon,no more jibber jabber incey and iv put a little punctuation in just to appease mr. gilpin and the rhino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 pm 

To paraphrase the immortal Eric Morecambe:

He's saying all the right words. Just not necessarily in the right order.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:31 am 

the pigeon end wrote:
sorry folks 2 0 to brandon,no more jibber jabber incey and iv put a little punctuation in just to appease mr. gilpin and the rhino

I'll let you off then!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:47 pm 

1 nill to Team Northumbria, very poor game, to be honest if Brandon dont get about 7 new players for next season then they are going to be in the same situation next season, there are a lot of players out there wouldnt get a game in any other n/l team, sorry to say that but just a oppinion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:19 pm 

Would have to agree Kenny; it was a poor game. And the only goal of the game came from something that has dogged us throughout the season - a defensive mistake. Far too many times we have made the mistake and then been punished for it. Today was no exception.

If I'm totally honest, we never really looked like scoring. BUT neither did Team North - until that mistake and the player took his chance well.

Would have to agree and disagree with your last comment though. Yes (to an extent) we need new players. This is not the same squad that started the season, we have improved. IF this squad had started the season we would not be in the same position as we find ourselves now. But you're right, we need to strengthen.

The defence has improved leaps and bounds and this is proven by the results of late. What we need is someone who can score goals. Twenty six goals FROM THE WHOLE SQUAD is just not good enough.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:43 pm 

Must agree with parts of your comments, but the only improvements i have seen from the start of the season is that the defence has tightened up a little bit, but still making silly mistakes, but not as many, i can not see how you will atract a realy good c/f, unless some one has a look around the sunday morning games and see if there are any c/f playing at that level who wish to try and step up a level, there are players there, but they are playing in there comfort zone and are reluctant to step up ethier they dont have the contacts or they can do with out the presure of playing at that level, i hope i am wrong but i cannot see much improvement next season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:44 pm 

When i was in the 'backroom' yesterday, I noticed that fifteen of the seventeen players available for yesterdays game had signed up for next season. This is great news. The management were confident that the vast majority of players from this season will sign up for next season.

This is brilliant and testement to what a great set-up there is Brandon. The players do not play for money - they play for each other, they play for the club and they play for the love of football at this level. We even have players wanting to return.

As I think I said earlier, the players will be a bit older and wiser next season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:51 pm 

15 put pen to paper, good luck next season if the manager is going to stay loyal to these players, i cant see them being any better in 4 months time, being older and wiser dosnt make you a better player, it would be interesting to know who are the players that want to return, the better players from last season are playing at a good level. I must agree Brandon do have a good set up and i have a lot of time for the guys who do all the hard work, but at times i think the guys in charge of picking the team are a bit naive on how things should be done on the field to win matches at this level, a lot of the times its like watching college football, a bit to nice and polite, and the results dont matter that much as long as its a good performance. but thats just my oppinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:18 pm 

kenny i totally agree i sometimes dont think the management team want to win games ,only happy to play football the right way,but people want to see winning teams or they will go elsewhere to watch their football which quite a few have done this season.my priority is two forwards who can stick the ball in the net on a frequent basis,we do create chances but it seems that most players this season have panicked when through on goal.this has happened on numerous occasions .it was nice to see next seasons registration form with 15 already committed but we must add new blood and we must form a winning mentality into the side,but this comes from the management team and as mentioned before im not sure whether this is what they want! as i have posted on other forums we are currently top of the fair play league for div. 2 and 2nd overall behind seaham in the whole league,whilst its nice winning awards doesnt that tell you something.we need a nasty streak without being dirty or illegal but that has to come from bj and co.