It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Crook 4 Brandon 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:36 pm 

3points thrown away,comfortably in the lead albeit by only one goal,one poor pass causes mayhem for the final 19 mins.we took an early lead through new signing Craig hindmarch and dominated possession playing some decent stuff,we dealt well with crooks sporadic attacks and could have gone in another couple of goals ahead.second half was the same couldn't see what was to happen.but once that pass went astray in midfield it gave crook the impetus and we couldn't handle it,poor decision making once the first one went in and we looked bereft of confidence.the players have to come up to the plate before long,we are fast becoming a first half team and opponents know as long as they stop in the game early on theyve got every chance.dont know whether it's fitness,mentality or what but it needs addressing and quick.we are now starting to get cut adrift and the dreaded r word looms.disappointed to say the least.
Att 70

Post subject: Re: Crook 4 Brandon 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:18 pm 

David Bussey, George Rea, Bill Fisher, Barry Ross. Your boys took one hell of a beating.

For those who didn't know Brandon are poor in the second half of games, They do now. :oops:

To be fair it was definitely a game of 2 halfs and I don't think Brandon could have played any better than they did 1st half where as Crook couldn't have played any worse. Second half Crook upped their game and ran out deserved winners.

Now that that game is out of the way I can get back to hoping Brandon win the games they need to finish outside of the relegation spots.

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 pm 

With money getting thrown around at the club now I expected results to change but looks like players are just turning up for the dosh shame really

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:51 pm 

The Nopp wrote:
David Bussey, George Rea, Bill Fisher, Barry Ross. Your boys took one hell of a beating.

For those who didn't know Brandon are poor in the second half of games, They do now. :oops:

To be fair it was definitely a game of 2 halfs and I don't think Brandon could have played any better than they did 1st half where as Crook couldn't have played any worse. Second half Crook upped their game and ran out deserved winners.

Now that that game is out of the way I can get back to hoping Brandon win the games they need to finish outside of the relegation spots.

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

You never saw the first half :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:00 pm 

Big lad wrote:
With money getting thrown around at the club now I expected results to change but looks like players are just turning up for the dosh shame really

Don't know where you get your info from but your wide of the mark.our budget is no more than what our opponents was and there's a lot more teams in this league paying more.dont disagree with your comments about players turning up for the dosh only,this has gone on for years at ALL CLUBS.we are obviously in a perilous situation but there's still time to turn it around.the manager is working hard to bring about a change in fortunes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:11 pm 

kays mate wrote:
Big lad wrote:

Don't know where you get your info from but your wide of the mark.our budget is no more than what our opponents was and there's a lot more teams in this league paying more.dont disagree with your comments about players turning up for the dosh only,this has gone on for years at ALL CLUBS.we are obviously in a perilous situation but there's still time to turn it around.the manager is working hard to bring about a change in fortunes.

Come on fella let’s be honest your budget is a lot more than crooks the players who have recently signed for yous and picked up signing on fees aren’t going to be playing for peanuts. Your team sits second off bottom of the second while some players are picking up first division expenses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:28 pm 

Our budget is the same as crooks.you will be surprised at that but it is.whether the manager gives players more money I'm not sure,but the club budget is that of crooks.all IL say is that there is a potential for more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm 

kays mate wrote:
Our budget is the same as crooks.you will be surprised at that but it is.whether the manager gives players more money I'm not sure,but the club budget is that of crooks.all IL say is that there is a potential for more.

After seeing who your lastest signing is i see how far your stretching your budget..

Here’s a thought instead of paying these has been players good money why not look for younger hungrier players who would help get you out of the situation that you are in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:13 pm 

[quote="Big lad"][quote="kays mate"]Our budget is the same as crooks.you will be surprised at that but it is.whether the manager gives players more money I'm not sure,but the club budget is that of crooks.all IL say is that there is a potential for more.[/quote]

After seeing who your lastest signing is i see how far your stretching your budget..

Here’s a thought instead of paying these has been players good money why not look for younger hungrier players who would help get you out of the situation that you are in[/quote]
I understand where you're coming from and I know the manager is working on bringing as you say younger hungrier players to the club but he has to release a few to make way for this his shout and we will see come April whether we still in the NL or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:00 pm 

Having followed the club on and off (spectating a lot less games mind due to work commitments etc), for a number of years I feel like it has lost its identity over the last few seasons. What used to be a club that had an impetus on youth and bringing players through, with amazing (from what I know) coaches/managers who wanted to play football the right way, what's happened now? Throwing cash around and bringing in Northern League nomads isn't the way to go I feel. It might settle the boat in the short term, but what if relegation goes ahead and you've chucked away this cash for nothing? I feel like if you went back to the roots I've mentioned and rebuilt on this basis maybe in the next season, and added in a little extra cash which you seem to have now, that would be the way to go. Time will tell, I suppose times will change and clubs move on but I'd rather be getting beat playing the brand of football and having the philosophy you had, than still getting beat chucking around cash to older players there for the pay check.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:06 pm 

Bill and Ben wrote:
Having followed the club on and off (spectating a lot less games mind due to work commitments etc), for a number of years I feel like it has lost its identity over the last few seasons. What used to be a club that had an impetus on youth and bringing players through, with amazing (from what I know) coaches/managers who wanted to play football the right way, what's happened now? Throwing cash around and bringing in Northern League nomads isn't the way to go I feel. It might settle the boat in the short term, but what if relegation goes ahead and you've chucked away this cash for nothing? I feel like if you went back to the roots I've mentioned and rebuilt on this basis maybe in the next season, and added in a little extra cash which you seem to have now, that would be the way to go. Time will tell, I suppose times will change and clubs move on but I'd rather be getting beat playing the brand of football and having the philosophy you had, than still getting beat chucking around cash to older players there for the pay check.

If you are referring to the amazing coaches at Brandon over the years,as the Dutchman etc then you are barking up the wrong tree.there was no winning mentality in that era,even the reserve side were on the wrong end of double figure hammerings,regularly,think they only won ,3 games in 3 seasons.get back on board and support the club,they've had hard times the past few years and need support,just because they have the POTENTIAL now to move on financially doesn't make them a bad club,they have the right to spend money on whoever they want if they've got it,other clubs have been doing this for decades.the first point is to get out of relegation trouble,ionce that or if that's achieved then bring in younger playersin my opinion nothing like a bit experience to see you through.dont think the lad came on to be berated about his club,he just puts a brief probably honest report from the match he's just seen.if you've got issues with them make yourselves known and help out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm 

tenpole tudor wrote:
If you are referring to the amazing coaches at Brandon over the years,as the Dutchman etc then you are barking up the wrong tree.there was no winning mentality in that era,even the reserve side were on the wrong end of double figure hammerings,regularly,think they only won ,3 games in 3 seasons.get back on board and support the club,they've had hard times the past few years and need support,just because they have the POTENTIAL now to move on financially doesn't make them a bad club,they have the right to spend money on whoever they want if they've got it,other clubs have been doing this for decades.the first point is to get out of relegation trouble,ionce that or if that's achieved then bring in younger playersin my opinion nothing like a bit experience to see you through.dont think the lad came on to be berated about his club,he just puts a brief probably honest report from the match he's just seen.if you've got issues with them make yourselves known and help out.

Firstly, at no moment in time was my post an attack on anyone involved in the club. I have the upmost respect to all the volunteers who make a club tick. I was trying to give a opinion on the above argument on money from a ‘causal’ fan such as myself. So to ‘berate’ someone wasn’t the intention at all, apologies if it came across that way. Yes the Dutchman was a good coach from my limited knowledge should’ve stuck to it, I meant more about Furness. He was there through the tough times, built a squad on the philosophy he had and started to guide them up the league on little or no budget. They started to do pretty well playing decent football giving younger lads a crack.

Yes, spend some cash, as I said settle the boat, see yourselves away from trouble. But what I am saying is don’t lose your identity. Keep promoting youth internally, get a consistent philosophy so you aren’t in this position for years to come. You need a link all the way from the kids up to the first team, don’t be reduced to knee jerk reactions signing the same old faces who don’t have the club at heart more the £. Be cautious you’re not just spending for the sake of getting bodies in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 pm 

Bill and Ben wrote:
tenpole tudor wrote:

Firstly, at no moment in time was my post an attack on anyone involved in the club. I have the upmost respect to all the volunteers who make a club tick. I was trying to give a opinion on the above argument on money from a ‘causal’ fan such as myself. So to ‘berate’ someone wasn’t the intention at all, apologies if it came across that way. Yes the Dutchman was a good coach from my limited knowledge should’ve stuck to it, I meant more about Furness. He was there through the tough times, built a squad on the philosophy he had and started to guide them up the league on little or no budget. They started to do pretty well playing decent football giving younger lads a crack.

Yes, spend some cash, as I said settle the boat, see yourselves away from trouble. But what I am saying is don’t lose your identity. Keep promoting youth internally, get a consistent philosophy so you aren’t in this position for years to come. You need a link all the way from the kids up to the first team, don’t be reduced to knee jerk reactions signing the same old faces who don’t have the club at heart more the £. Be cautious you’re not just spending for the sake of getting bodies in.

I agree with you about Furness,as regards the promotion of players internally then yes that's the way forward they have a youth section with 9 or 10 teams,however,the oldest team at present is under 17s si there is a gap at the top end.probablys would need another couple of teams at u18 and u19s to feed into the first team,or even a new reserve side,the problem is finding people who are willing to administer teams in senior leagues .so the club as far as I can see has out the building blocks inplace to hopefully progress.this seasons all about stopping up for them,the restructuring of the pyramid system has opened up the possibility of more than three being relegated.